STATEMENT OF POLICY
Western Guaranty Corporation is concerned about your privacy. This privacy statement is intended to inform you about how we use, disclose, and handle your information to keep it safe and to give you informed choices. This Privacy Statement will help you understand what information we gather, how and why we collect it, and how we use it.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
To get to know our clients better, we use a variety of data types and sources. The data gathered includes, but is not limited to:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your contact information (e.g., email, mobile phone number, landline number, residential and office address)
- Your birth date
- Your Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Driver’s License (Motor Car claims)
- Address of property to be insured
- Other information as we may need from time to time, will be collected with your express consent to proceed with your financing application
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
Please proceed cautiously when providing information or documents to anyone claiming to be authorized by or associated with Western Guaranty Corporation.
HOW AND WHERE COLLECTED DATA IS USED
The data we collect primarily helps us verify your identity. We may use your personal information to:
The data we collect is solely used to authenticate your identity.
We may use your personal information to:
- Complete the application for your insurance policy.
- Handle any claims you make under the policy.
- Compile statistics for our website
- Respond to questions posted on our website
- Submit a policy application that has been approved, as well as any supporting documentation.
- Provide the services outlined in your approved policy.
- Provide you with statements and invoices
- Collect your premium payments.
- Send you marketing information about our other products.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE DATA WE COLLECT
WESTERN GUARANTY CORPORATION discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information by the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, WESTERN GUARANTY CORPORATION may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
WESTERN GUARANTY CORPORATION will take appropriate technical, physical, legal, and organizational measures to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification, and unauthorized disclosure by establishing and enforcing:
- Confidentiality requirements and data privacy training of our employees;
- Document storage security policies;
- Security measures to control access to our systems and premises;
- Limitations on access to personal data;
- Strict selection of third-party data processors and partners; and
- Electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption of our websites and mobile applications.
We will store all the personal information you provide on its secured servers and process electronically protected by industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption.
YOUR ACCESS AND CONTROL TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can contact us anytime using phone or email regarding access to your information, specifically:
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Please note that we cannot delete any of your data while you have an existing policy with us in effect.
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected, or as may require by law and regulation. We will destroy your personal information when its retention is no longer required by the purpose(s) for which they were obtained, law, or regulation.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
CONTACT DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
If you have any questions concerning this privacy statement or the way WESTERN GUARANTY CORPORATION handles your personal information, kindly email us at email@example.com.
*Updated as of December 2021
Western Guaranty Corporation is committed to providing the best and most accessible service to you, our customer. WGC is committed to providing financial security against unforeseen events resulting in loss through the use of safe and secure electronic transactions with its customers in a convenient manner without compromising their rights to data privacy, full transparency, and excellent customer service. The details of our products and services are available online to address any questions of our customers before the perfection of any sales transactions.
By subscribing to our products and services, WGC recognizes the legality and enforceability of all our policies and/or agreements issued manually or through electronic transactions by the rules provided under Republic Act 8972, otherwise known as the Electronic Commerce Act of 2000.
We assure our customers, both traditional and online, safe and secure operations at all times by providing a safe browsing experience and secure payment mechanisms.
We strive to provide the fastest and most convenient experience for you without sacrificing the quality of our service. Your policy shall be prepared, sent, and fulfilled as expected. In case errors or inconsistencies are encountered, we shall have it corrected as soon as we have been notified and will inform you of any changes.
If you are not satisfied with the service that we have provided, you may contact us through the following channels:
- Call us at our Customer Care Hotlines – 0917-7161859, 0917-7161853, and 0917-7088361
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To resolve your complaints quickly and efficiently, you may send us the following information:
- Account information – Insured’s Name/Policy Number/Product Name
- Contact details – Please provide your phone number, as well as your preferred method of communication, and let us know if you want to be called at specific times.
- Complaint information – An incident report detailing the nature of your complaint, what happened, the date of the incident, and who was involved. If you have proof to support your complaint, please provide it to us as well.
When we get your complaint, we will examine it and strive to find a solution.
If you keep believing that your complaint was not fairly addressed, please notify us, and we will advise you on an alternate settlement.